750ml vegetable stock (3 cups)60g long grain rice
2 eggs, beaten until a litte fluffy
juice of a lemon
100g baby spinach, torn or chopped into large-ish pieces (optional)
1 cup frozen peas (honestly, I didn't measure), (optional)
1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
S&P to taste
1. Put stock in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add rice, cover and cook about 15-20 minutes until the rice is just about cooked.
2. Meanwhile, add the lemon juice to the eggs.
3. Once the rice is almost done cooking, add the peas (if using) to the saucepan, bring back to the boil and cook for a minute until the peas are no longer frozen.
4. Turn the heat to low and slowly add the egg mixture to the pot, stirring as you go so it thickens the soup. Add a litte boiling water if it's too thick.
5. Add the spinach, if using, and the parsley to the soup. Stir around for a minute until the spinach is wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve, topped with some grated (or powdery) Parmesan.
*If you live in the Melbourne area, check out Michael's comedy festival show. It's on at 8:30pm every night until 20th and I'll totally give you a discount on the door if you tell me you read my blog. LANGUAGE WARNING THOUGH! And cartoon violence, so not for kids or people offended by these things.